Create a PowerPoint from researching scholarly articles about a sociological topic, social problem, or theory that you find especially interesting.
- Organization: The slides need to be clearly organized from an introduction to the conclusion. The content needs to be well written with little to no errors. The last slide will be a reference slide that will list all citations in APA format.
- The Introduction slide/slides will identify the topic that is being analyzed. The topic needs to be described comprehensively, delivering all relevant information necessary for full understanding.
- The Body Slides need to examine the empirical evidence related to the topic being explored. The following topics must be addressed:
- Definition: Define the topic (Ex. If you are researching poverty, define the term poverty and other important terms associated with your research).
- Significance: Provide a statement of how this topic is significant to society (Ex. Provide statistics on your topic and use visuals).
- Social Responsibility: This section needs to address and articulate cultural insights and awareness with the topic researched. State the cultural understanding of the topic or differences that occur among cultures. State the significance of education and awareness of this topic among all cultural groups.
- Personal Responsibility: Discuss ethical decision-making surrounding this topic. Discuss the connection of choices, actions, and consequences regarding this topic. (Ex. Discuss an ethical issue around your topic, then state a position, and offer a solution using sociological perspectives/concepts related to this topic.)
- Functionalism: Provide a statement on this topic using the sociological perspective of functionalism.
- Symbolic Interactionism: Provide a statement on this topic using the sociological perspective of symbolic interactionism.
- Conflict Theory: Provide a statement on this topic using the sociological perspective of the conflict theory.
- The conclusion slide/slides will summarize the main points of the analysis and will reflect final findings.
- The PowerPoint project should be a minimum of 15 slides in length (1 title slide, 13 information/content slides, and 1 References slide).
- Use quotation marks when quoting and cite appropriately with in-text citation when quoting or paraphrasing. APA 7th ed. writing style should be used when citing references in context.
- 2 empirical references (minimum) in addition to your textbook are to be used, therefore, a minimum total of 3 references. For the references slide, APA 7th Ed. writing style should also be used.