An APA format paper that includes every section of guide provided. New York State will be the state used in assignment when needed. I have also included the submission of another student so you can see what is expected.
• 740.1.5 : Self Advocacy of the Nurse – The graduate integrates strategies of self-awareness and self-care into professional practice to ensure personal health and well-being.
• 740.1.7: Roles of the Nurse (WGU) – The graduate analyzes the roles of the nurse as a scientist, a detective, and a manager of the healing environment.
• 740.1.10: The Nursing Profession – The graduate applies historical and contemporary nursing theories and models to define their professional nursing practice.
• 740.1.13: The Professional Nurse – The graduate integrates knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession into personal and professional interactions and ethical decision making.
• 740.1.15: Healthcare Work Environment – The graduate evaluates how the vision, values, mission, and philosophy of an organization align with an individual’s professional values, beliefs, and approaches to inter- professional collegiality
• 740.1.4: Professional Accountability – The graduate analyzes the responsibilities and accountability of the professional nurse.
APA Formatting & Task Information
Separate cover and reference page
Margins 1 inch
Font: Times New Roman, size: 12
double spaced throughout
Each reference must have a matching in-text
Write in first person (the candidate, your )
Write in third person (the nurse, nurses)
Use your rubric and task
directions to write your paper
Rubric – assessment criteria
Task Directions – how to meet the
Far left column rubric titles are
hyperlinked to the text
A. Nursing Theory
A. Identify and describe a nursing theory that has influenced the candidate’s values and goals.
A1. Excellent Nursing Practice
• Explain how nurses apply (use) the identified theory in Part A to plan excellent nursing practices.
A.2 Professional Practice Nursing Theory
• Discuss how the identified theory fits your professional practice.
Contributions of 19th or 20th Century Historical Nursing Figures
• B. Historical Nursing Figures
• Identify and describe the contributions of two historical nursing figures from the nineteenth
(1801-1900) or twentieth century (1901-2000).
• B1. Difference in Contributions
• Discuss how the two historical figures are different from one another (compare and contrast).
• B2. Description of Historical figures
• Discuss how the contributions of each of the two historical figures have
influenced your practice.
Nursing Organizations and Boards
• C. State Board of Nursing VS. American Nurses Association (ANA).
• Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing (BON) and the
American Nurses Association.
• C1. Roles of Organizations.
• Define the roles of a board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association.
• BON (Scope of practice, education, disciplinary actions, etc.).
• ANA (Ethical guidelines, nursing values, advocacy).
• C2. BON & ANA Influence.
• Explain how the State Board of Nursing and the ANA influence the candidate’s nursing practice.
Professional License Renewal & Maintenance
• C3. Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
• In what state do you hold a license?
• How do you renew your license in your state?
• How often are you required to renew your license?
• Do you pay a fee?
• Do you need CEUs?
• C3a. Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
• What are the consequences if you do not maintain/renew your license in your state?
• What would happen to your current license?
Compact VS. Non-Compact State
• C4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in compact
state versus a non-compact state.
• Is your state a compact or non-compact state?
• Discuss the differences for RN license requirements in a compact versus non-compact state.
Agencies Functional Differences
• D. Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS).
• Discuss the function of the of the FDA.
• Discuss the function of CMS.
• D1. Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
• What does the FDA regulate?
• What does CMS regulate?
Resources: CMS.Gov https://www.cms.gov/
National health programs
Health information technology
Guidelines for reimbursement
• D1a. Discuss your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to
use an alternative therapy.
• Discuss what a patient advocate is and how you could be a patient advocate for a patient who has
requested alternative therapy.
• What questions would you ask the patient?
• Who would you collaborate with?
Purposes of the Nurse Practice Act & Scope of practice
• E. Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its influence on your
• What is the Nurse Practice Act and what is its mission?
• How does the Nurse Practice Act influence your professional practice?
• E1. Discuss the scope of practice for an RN in the candidate’s state
• What is a scope of practice?
• What is included in the scope of practice for your state?
• How is the scope of practice different from a nurse practice act?
Nurse Practice Act Rules & Regulations https://www.ncsbn.org/nurse- practice-act.htm
Rules For Effective Delegation
• E2. Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
• Discuss in detail the rules for delegation from your state.
• Think about:
• What steps does your state board require the RN to take when deciding what to delegate?
• To whom can the RN in your state delegate?
• What is the RNs responsibility after delegating a task? 20 (Figure 19.2)
Application of Nursing Roles
• F. Discuss how you apply (use) each of the following nursing roles in your professional practice.
• A scientist.
• A detective.
• A healing environment manager.
• Write a separate paragraph for each of the roles.