NURS 6051 Module 2 Week 3 Assignment
In the Discussion for this module, you considered the interaction of nurse informaticists with other specialists to ensure successful care. How is that success determined?
Patient outcomes and the fulfillment of care goals is one of the major ways that healthcare success is measured. Measuring patient outcomes results in the generation of data that can be used to improve results. Nursing informatics can have a significant part in this process and can help to improve outcomes by improving processes, identifying at-risk patients, and enhancing efficiency.
- Review the concepts of technology application as presented in the Resources.
- Reflect on how emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence may help fortify nursing informatics as a specialty by leading to increased impact on patient outcomes or patient care efficiencies.
The Assignment: (4-5 pages not including the title and reference page)
In a 4- to 5-page project proposal written to the leadership of your healthcare organization, propose a nursing informatics project for your organization that you advocate to improve patient outcomes or patient-care efficiency. Your project proposal should include the following:
- Describe the project you propose.
- Identify the stakeholders impacted by this project.
- Explain the patient outcome(s) or patient-care efficiencies this project is aimed at improving and explain how this improvement would occur. Be specific and provide examples.
- Identify the technologies required to implement this project and explain why.
- Identify the project team (by roles) and explain how you would incorporate the nurse informaticist in the project team.
- Use APA format and include a title page and reference page.
Moving on to this week’s assignment where you are asked to propose a nursing informatics project for your organization—an initiative you believe will improve patient outcomes and/or patient-care efficiency. Let me foot stomp the importance of reading the instructions and this announcement regarding this assignment carefully and of course following the Rubric. This assignment has 5 topics you must cover. It is OK to bust the 5 pages, by say 2 pages (as a reminder the title page and your reference page(s) do not count against the 5-page requirement).
FOR YOUR PROJECT PROPOSAL DO NOT USE THE ELECTRONIC PATIENT RECORD (EHR). DO NOT USE THE EHR FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT. DO NOT USE THE EHR…IF YOU DO, I WILL SEND IT BACK AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-SUBMIT AND IT WILL BE LATE.
Before you put pen to paper (or I suppose fingers to keyboard) here’s a few takeaways from Week 2’s writing assignment:
- Please read and follow the instructions carefully as it is the roadmap of the topics that need to be discussed. Make these your headings and this will help keep you on target
- The word “References” should appear in upper-case and lower-case letters, centered and bolded on the page
- Double-space all reference entries
- APA publishes references in a hanging indent format, meaning that the first line of each reference is set flush left and subsequent lines are indented
- Just a reminder, all instructors understand the challenges of Bb. Style is usually messed up, but formatting needs to adhere to the APA guidance
- Proofread, Proofread, proofread–reading out loud is the best way to catch when the nouns and verbs don’t match; or if the sentence is too long; or if it just doesn’t make sense
- DO NOT USE A RUNNING HEAD. Walden no longer requires it
- Don’t forget to number your pages
- Don’t forget to review the Rubric–Don’t forget to review the Rubric, don’t forget to review the Rubric
- Just in case I didn’t mention it—please carefully read the Assignment and also read the Rubric
- DO NOT SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR AN EHR