NURS 6003: Transition to Graduate Study for Nursing
Mental Illness, Mass Shootings, and the Future of Psychiatric Research into American Gun Violence
Part 1: Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
In the space below write a 2- 3-paragraph analysis that includes the following:
- Explanation for the relationship between academic integrity and writing
- Explanation for the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics
- Cite at least 2 resources that support your arguments, being sure to use proper APA formatting.
- Use Grammarly and SafeAssign to improve the product.
- Explain how Grammarly, Safe Assign, and paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity
PART 2: Strategies for Maintaining Integrity of Work
Expand on your thoughts from Part 1 by:
- Identifying and describing strategies you intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of your 1) academic work while a student of the MSN program, and 2) professional work as a nurse throughout your career. Include a review of resources and approaches you propose to use as a student and a professional.
Comparison of Nursing Specialties
Use the space below to write 2-3 paragraphs comparing the nursing specialty you have selected – or the one you prefer if your choice is still under consideration – to your second preference. Identify each specialty and describe the focus and the role that graduates are prepared for. Identify any other differentiators you feel are significant, especially those that helped or may help you reach a decision.
Justification of Nursing Specialty
Use the space below to write a paragraph identifying and justifying your reasons for choosing your MSN specialization. Be sure to incorporate any feedback you received from colleagues in this week’s Discussion Forum.
Use the space below to identify and examine one professional organization related to your selected or preferred specialty. Explain how you can become a member of this organization.