Health Promotion And Wellness Assessment
Open the assignment Health Promotion and Wellness Assessment for details.
- The major assignment for this course is an interview of a Family and an assessment of Family characteristics which is due in Module 5/Week 5.
- Module 2-1 assignment information will be summarized and included in your Assignment Module 5-1 Family Health Assessment. Please use your interview family for this assignment.
- Identify areas needing intervention by using the using the modified Love to Live Well Assessment below to highlight suggestions you may make for your interview family
- Use your interview family and identify areas for making health and wellness promotion.
- Describe these recommendations for health promotion in detail
Health Promotion and maintaining family wellness is beyond preventing illness. Love (2010) states wellness is a state of optimal health to which each of us can aim regardless of age, physical limitation, & income level.
1. Identify areas needing intervention by using the using the modified Love to Live Well Assessment below to highlight suggestions you may make for your interview family.
2. Use your interview family and identify areas for making health and wellness promotion.
3. Describe these recommendations for health promotion in detail.
Using the using the modified Love to Live Well Assessment below, identify and elaborate on areas your interview family may need health promotion or wellness interventions. Write a minimum of 200 words in two or three paragraphs for this assignment. APA is not required. If you cite sources please add references per APA 6th edition. You may use this document or a separate paper to complete this assignment.
1. Describe your overall recommendations for health promotion or wellness interventions for your interview family. Please list two or more interventions in comprehensive detail.
2. Create a concise patient teaching plan for communicating and educating the Health Promotion/Wellness recommendations/interventions to your interview family? What will you say? How will you provide the information? For example, will you use handouts or a video? Will you speak to the whole family or just certain members.
3. Briefly reflect on this experience and the lesson you have learned.
Health Promotion and Wellness Assessment
Modified from the Love to Live Well Assessment
place a mark for each item to indicate that it is an area your interview family may need an intervention for Health Promotion and Wellness
|proper use of medical self care & the medical system personal responsibility to safely build physical strength, flexibility generally feel good most of the time ability to care for oneself without assistance
ability to move naturally throughout the day without prolonged pain body is in good overall condition
|ability to cope with stress ability to live & work independently but realize the value of seeking others’ support & assistance generally enthusiastic about self & life awareness & acceptance of one’s feelings able to form interdependent relationships (mutual trust, commitment, & respect) ability to realistically assess one’s limitations ability to identify obstacles to emotional stability ability to understand monitor one’s own reactions ability to express & positively manage feelings effectively|
|ability to identify problems, solve problems, & direct behavior knowledge increased through reading books, newspapers, & magazines as a critical consumer of information plenty of creative, mental stimulation by challenging the mind|
|deep appreciation for depth & expanse of life living in a way consistent with our values & beliefs while being tolerant to the beliefs of others; caring for others capacity for love & forgiveness
actions become consistent with values & beliefs to arrive at a “worldview” peace & harmony within values sense of meaning & purpose to life ability to focus on positive aspects of life
|embraces interdependence between others & nature make willful choices to enhance personal relationships & friendships actively seek ways to preserve beauty & balance in nature live in harmony with others (not the same as always giving in) contribution to community & environment to build a better place to live more focused on the greater good awareness of the impact one person can make on many environments (work, home, community, etc.)|
|personal satisfaction through & attitude about work recognition & acknowledgement from peers & managers for a job well done level of happiness, fulfillment, & enrichment gained through life’s work job draws on passion & interests choice of profession, job satisfaction, career ambitions, & personal performance feel connection to others at the workplace|