Deliverable 07 – A Model U.S. Healthcare Delivery System
- Assess the causes and consequences of historical events on the U.S. healthcare system.
- Evaluate the current financing and reimbursement models within the U.S. healthcare delivery system.
- Analyze the challenges of economic and noneconomic barriers to improving quality, reducing costs, and increasing access to healthcare.
- Assess the roles and impacts of various stakeholders within U.S. healthcare systems.
- Appraise the efficiency of primary, secondary, and tertiary care in the U.S. healthcare delivery system.
- Compare and contrast the major characteristics of the U.S. healthcare delivery system with the systems of other developed countries.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
After working in the healthcare industry for many years as an expert consultant, you have decided to make the leap and open your own healthcare consulting firm. Based on your reputation and the recommendations of others, you have landed a major first client…The White House! Your company has been hired to conduct research and develop a solution to healthcare reform by creating a model of what healthcare delivery should resemble in the United States. You have also been appointed as a top advisor to the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions U.S. Senate Committee and must present the model over a three day summit.
Create a healthcare delivery model for the U.S. healthcare system. When creating the model, ask yourself these questions: What is included? How does it look? Who does it serve? How is it financed? Is it sustainable?
Include the following in your project:
- A memo that explains the proposed model and what it hopes to achieve, including information on the changing dynamics of healthcare reimbursement and the associated funding sources.
- In a report outlining the model, you should include:
- An executive summary
- The model itself (i.e., what’s included in the model, who the model serves, description of how the model will be financed and sustained)
- Timeline of major events in healthcare that have transpired over the past 10 years that have impacted this new model
- A list of the current financing and reimbursement models within the U.S. healthcare delivery system and a statement of how each will change or remain the same under this new model
- A synopsis of the major challenges of economic and noneconomic barriers to improving quality, reducing costs, and increasing access to healthcare
- A list and description of stakeholders within U.S. healthcare system under this new model
- A SWOT analysis of the current U.S. healthcare system
- A trends forecast outlining the possible changes in healthcare that may affect the model over the next 5 years
- A voiceover PowerPoint presentation to the Senate committee to layout/describe the model in detail