CN4004: Data-driven Nursing Interventions
For this Performance Task Assessment, you will analyze a quarterly dashboard to find areas where improvement is needed and develop a presentation that details your plan for how performance can be improved.
Submission Length: 11- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation.
To complete this Assessment, do the following:
- Be sure to adhere to the indicated assignment length.
- Download the APA course paper template available here.
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to review prior to submitting your Assessment.
- Access the following:
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the SME will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
All submissions must follow the conventions of scholarly writing. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided where appropriate. Submissions that do not meet these expectations will be returned without scoring.
This assessment requires submission of one file: Performance Plan. Save your file as follows: CN4004_PerformancePlan_firstinitial_lastname (for example, CN4004_PerformancePlan_J_Smith).
You may submit a draft of your assignment to the Turnitin Draft Check area to check for authenticity. When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Important Note: As a student taking this Competency, you agree that you may be required to submit your Assessment for textual similarity review to Turnitin.com for the detection of plagiarism. All submitted Assessment materials will be included as source documents in the Turnitin.com reference database solely for the purpose of detecting plagiarism of such materials. Use of the Turnitin.com service is subject to the Usage Policy posted on the Turnitin.com site.
Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Scenario: The nursing manager at your clinic has asked you to review the quarterly dashboard and look for areas where improvement is needed. She would like you to present your findings during the next staff meeting. You have decided to prepare a PowerPoint presentation.
Review the sample quarterly dashboard, which contains a variety of clinical and administrative indicators. Look for areas where there is good performance and areas where performance could be improved. Select one of the performance areas that needs improvement as the focus of your presentation
Based on your analysis of the dashboard, develop a performance-improvement plan based on evidence-based practice. Use a minimum of three references from the professional literature. Remember that you will be presenting your findings during a staff meeting, so keep your presentation between 11 and 15 slides. Include the following slides in your presentation:
- Title slide (1 slide)
- Explain the quality indicators used in the dashboard (1–2 slides)
- Analysis of the data (4–5 slides)
- Analyze the purpose of the dashboard.
- Explain what is needed to create a dashboard.
- Analyze the dashboard and describe areas that need improvement and areas where performance is good.
- Describe the findings from the dashboard.
- Explain why these areas were selected for indicating performance improvement.
- Performance improvement plan (3–5 slides)
- Outline a performance improvement plan on the selected indicator. Be sure to include a minimum of three evidence-based practices that could be implemented to improve performance.
- Explain how each suggestion could address the selected performance indicator.
- Support each selected practice suggestion with references from the professional literature.
- Summary (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)