Assignment 2: Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment
Photo Credit: AndreyPopov / iStock / Getty Images Plus / Getty Images
Before embarking on any professional or academic activity, it is important to understand the background, knowledge, and experience you bring to it. You might ask yourself “What do I already know? What do I need to know? And what do I want to know?” This critical self-reflection is especially important for developing clinical skills, such as those for advanced practice nursing.
The FNP and the AGPCNP Clinical Skills Lists and Resource Review documents, provided in the Learning Resources, can be used to celebrate your progress throughout your practicum and identify skills gaps. The list covers all necessary skills you should demonstrate during your practicum course.
For this Assignment, you assess where you are now in your clinical skill development and make plans for your practicum. Specifically, you will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement regarding the required practicum skills and procedures.
- Review the clinical skills in the FNP Procedures List and AGPCNP Clinical Skills List and Resource Review documents found in the Learning Resources that is specific to your selected NP track. It is recommended that you print out this document to serve as a guide throughout your practicum.
- Download the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form that applies to your NP track to complete this Assignment.
Using the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form:
- Rate yourself according to your confidence level performing the procedures identified on the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form.
- Based on your ratings, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Based on your self-assessment and theory of nursing practice, develop 3–4 goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Include them on the designated area of the form.
** YOU MUST HAVE 3 NEW OBJECTIVES EACH QUARTER. You may include previous practicum objectives; however, you still must have 3 new objectives for your current course.
By Day 7
Submit your completed FNP or AGPCNP Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK1Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the