Topic : Technology
An argumentative is a style of writing where the writer (you) investigates a critical issue. To do so, you will collect and evaluate evidence, and take a position on the topic. Your goal as the writer is to convince or persuade your audience to consider another side of an argument or support a new belief.
II. What are social issues?
A social issue is a problem that affects many people within a given society. These problems prevent individuals from succeeding in society due to factors not in their control.
III. Learning Obiective:
The overall purpose (objective) is to
• hone your skills in creating arguments,
• determine what makes a good argument, and
• learn something new from the topic/issue you research.
Below are some of the topics we explored this semester. Choose only one of the topics below and write your argumentative exploring a social issue pertaining to your chosen topic.
VI. Characteristics of an Argumentative
1. Thesis: clearly states your position/argument.
2. Supporting Details: your points are supported by facts, examples, and opinions of experts (3-4 reasons).
3. Sources: 3-4 credible sources are required to support your claim.
4. Counterargument: presents opposing arguments and shows how they are flawed.
VII. Pages & Format:
You must follow the MLA format, be 4-5 pages in length, double spaced in 12 pt. font Times New Roman, have a creative title, and must have a work cited page.