Analysis Of Electronic Health Records System (NO Plagiarism)
In this scenario, you will assume the role of quality assurance manager at Vila Health’s Independence Medical Center. You have been asked to review the current EHR system after some concerns were raised about the system not being fully compliant with new regulations and meaningful use guidelines. After your review, you will present your findings and recommendations to the leadership team.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 8–12 slides concerning the best practices and emerging models in HIM and EHR. In your presentation:
- Explain meaningful use guidelines and what they mean to an organization’s current state of compliance.
- Explain the new MIPS and what this means for the organization’s EHR system.
- Explain an organization’s current EHR system and its data process to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Analyze how an EHR system could improve the quality of care, simplify existing processes, and improve patient outcomes.
- Explain best practices for an organization to maintain meaningful use compliance as it relates to current incentive programs and policies.
- Recommend evidence-based approaches for implementing new practices for end-user functions, training, and ongoing compliance.
- Communicate analysis and recommendations of an EHR system in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using the current APA style.
Refer to the following points as a potential outline for the presentation that will help you address the assignment grading criteria.
- Explain what the MIPS is and what it means to the organization.
- Explain what meaningful use guidelines are and what they mean to the organization.
- Describe Independence Medical Center’s current state of compliance.
- Current health information technology (HIT).
- State the current EHR being used in this organization.
- Present your findings on the evaluation of the EHR.
- Explain how the EHR could improve the quality of care, simplify existing processes, and improve patient outcomes.
- Discuss how the data are currently captured, tracked, analyzed, and shared, and whether each area meets regulatory policy and incentive guidelines.
- Upgrades and improvements:
- Present your findings from your research on maintaining meaningful use guidelines.
- Present evidence-based best practices for long-term compliance with current incentive programs and policy.
- Make additional recommendations on the EHR system, including end-user functions, training, and ongoing compliance with the department heads.
- Provide evidence-based recommendations for implementing new practices and emerging models in the identified departments.
Use Kaltura or another software to record your presentation. Before you begin recording, you may find it beneficial to write a script or detailed outline that you can refer to as you record. Your recorded presentation should be no more than 15 minutes in length.
Include the notes or script of your audio recording. You may choose to include these in the Notes area of the presentation slides, the script you may have used when you created your recording, or a detailed outline. This will serve to clarify any insufficient or unclear audio or an incomplete audio recording.
Note: If you did not include your notes or script in the presentation, please include them in a separate document along with the other presentation elements.
Your presentation should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: At least one APA-formatted in-text citation and accompanying congruent APA-formatted reference.
- Length of PowerPoint presentation: 8–12 slides.
- Duration of audio recording: Maximum of 15 minutes.
- Font and font size: Arial, 18 point or more for headings and explanatory text and 24 point and more for slide titles.