Week 6 Assignment: Implementing Electronic Health Records
Step 1 Reflect on your involvement with the implementation of electronic health records (EHRs) in the clinical setting (either as a practicing nurse or as a student in the clinical setting).
If you have not used an EHR, think about how you might implement an EHR in your practice setting. Answer the questions in Step 2 using this hypothetical EHR system.
Step 2 Address the following topics
- Explain at least three functional considerations to take into account when implementing an EHR.
- Explain the regulatory considerations for implementing EHRs.
- Explain interoperability. Why is interoperability important?
- Explain data integrity. Why is data integrity important?
- Explain why the security of data is important when implementing an EHR.
- Explain the legal concerns surrounding the implementation of EHRs.