Week 11_Assignment: Journal Entry
Assignment: Journal Entry
Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you to identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your strengths and successes.
Use this Journal to reflect on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement, the progress you made, and what insights you will carry forward into your next practicum.
· Refer to the “Population-Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies” found in the Week 1 Learning Resources and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice nurses must possess in your specialty of interest. (see attached PDF document)
· Refer to your Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement. ( See word document)
Journal Entry (450–500 words) – Instructions
Learning From Experiences
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum Experience Plan ( See attached word document). Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the three (3) most challenging patients you encountered during the practicum experience. What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources were available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume?
· How can you apply your growing skillset to be a social change agent within your community?
Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer the questions: How am I doing? What is missing?