What regulations exist to safeguard data and patients when using an EHR?
- What legal considerations play a role in use and maintenance of an EHR?
- What role does the nurse play in upholding legal, ethical, and regulatory integrity of the EHR?
- Why does JCAHO care about informatics? What can accreditation offer a hospital? If a facility is found non-compliant, what could be the result?
Additionally, please read the below scenario and answer the following:
- If you were the privacy officer in your organization, how would you address the following?
- Tracking each point of access of the patient’s database, including who entered the data.
- Encouraging employees to report privacy and security breaches.
- The healthcare professionals are using smartphones, iPads and other mobile devices. How do you address privacy when data can literally walk out of your setting?
- You observe one of the healthcare professionals using his smartphone to take pictures of a patient. He sees you and says, in front of the patient, “I am not capturing her face!” How do you respond to this situation?
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Write this in 300 words APA format