Pressure Ulcer Case Study
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
- Review the article What Informatics Is and Isn’t (Links to an external site.).
- Read the Pressure Ulcer case study in your course textbook found at the end of Chapter 3.
Write a three to four-page case study analysis addressing the questions below. If needed, review the Ashford Writing Center’s Writing a Case Study Analysis (Links to an external site.) resource for assistance. In addition to the course textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources to support your answers.
- What are the steps of the practice-based evidence (PBE) process related to this case study?
- As the health professional or informatics specialist working with the clinical team in the long-term care facilities, identify the following:
- Elements to incorporate into the documentation that address factors identified in the original study.
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS) tools that could be incorporated into computer systems.
- How can the cost effectiveness of the new documentation requirements and standards of care be efficiently evaluated?
The Pressure Ulcer Case Study
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page for each case study with the following:
- Title of paper including the chapter number and case study title
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.