Poster Presentation with Abstract for Healthcare Conference on Risk and Emergency Management
Demonstrate an understanding of the global and U.S. healthcare industry in terms of history and development, and the significance of healthcare service access, delivery, and quality.
- Present and defend an argument for or against a selected health care industry practice, incorporating examples of logical thinking and critical analysis.
Assignment Scenario: As you continue in your career, you may find that attending professional conferences, in-person or virtually, may be beneficial to your professional development. In this scenario, you will be presenting a poster and abstract at a professional conference to share your knowledge, skills, and expertise on a specific healthcare subject matter.
Topic 6: Risk Management and Emergency Management :
· Option 6-B: Risk Management Planning in a Healthcare Setting. (You must clearly identify the healthcare setting and apply a risk management plan to a specific event such as safety, regulations, compliance, etc.)
Assignment Requirements: Submit Your Poster and Your Abstract as 2 Documents
Poster Requirements: Present Your Poster Using a Microsoft Office Product. Examples: Publisher or PowerPoint
1. Poster Title : Your poster should include the title that you are presenting, be brief, but long enough that the audience can understand the topic.
2. Visuals : Create at least one illustration, graphic, graph, table, or other image for your poster. Do NOT use any images that are not your own creation. Unlicensed Clip Art may be used as a supplement only, if desired.
3. Appropriate Headers : Each area on the poster must include appropriate headers or titles for the information contained with the section.
4. Text : Blocks of text should be brief but informative. Expand on: a) why the information you are presenting is important, b) background and evaluation of topic, c) what you learned, and d) focus on the key items that you researched for your selected topic.
5. References : A minimum of four references with correlating in-text citations are required. Supporting external evidence will need to be presented using APA 7th Edition formatting. Your references should be from the last five years, collected from the any of the weekly course content, and you may include a maximum of two additional resources outside of the weekly content from your own personal research.
Abstract Requirements: Present Your Abstract in a Word Document
1. Formatting and Length : Your abstract should be between 250 to 500 words, formatted in APA 7th Edition using Microsoft Word.
2. Text : The abstract should highlight the major points of your poster, explain: a) why the information you are presenting is important, b) background and evaluation of topic, c) what you learned, and d) focus on the key items that you researched for your selected topic.
3. References : Include any references from your poster in your abstract. Ensure that all references and in-text citations are formatted in APA 7th Edition formatting. You are not required to include all your references from the poster unless they are needed to present the information within your abstract.