Organizational Research Memo
- Imagine you’ve been assigned to an organizational committee that has been asked to evaluate the organization and make recommendations to the compliance officer on ways to strengthen legal and ethical compliance.
In this assignment, you will use the Organizational Research Memo Template to research organizations, not agencies. Remember that an organization is a company or business – such as a hospital, clinic, or insurance company – and an agency is a part of the government at the federal, state, or local level, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Labor (DOL), or a state health department.
Select 1 of the organizations listed below. Research the organization’s compliance information. Review the Organizational Research Memo Template to ensure you can obtain all information for the organization you have selected.
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- United Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson
- Stryker Corp.
- Verizon Healthcare
- GE Healthcare
- A hospital
- A clinic
- An insurance company
- A nonprofit health care organization
- An organization of your choice – the organization should not be a federal, state, or local agency, and must include information that is publicly available.
- Write a 700- to 1,050-word memo to the corporate compliance officer. Use the Organizational Research Memo Template to complete the assignment.
Cite at least 1 reputable reference. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.
Format your references section and references used in your memo according to APA guidelines.