Course Project Part 1: Selection Of Topic (Graded)
The purpose of this assignment is to apply concepts in transcultural culturally competent nursing throughout the lifespan.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO 1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO 1)
- CO 3: Describe culturally competent nursing care across the lifespan. (PO 4)
- There are three parts to the project.
- There will be graded Project Check-ins that correlate to each part.
- The topic selected in Part 1 will be the same one used in parts 2 and 3.
- Review the table below for overview and due dates with each topic.
- Carefully review the instructions, templates, and rubrics for each of the three parts as you begin this Course Project.
- Contact your instructor with questions.
- You will use the same approved population and health problem for all the Project Check-Ins and Course Project Parts 1, 2, and 3. Approval is in Week 3: Course Project Part 1 Check-In.
- Download the required Course Project Part 1 Template below.
- Save it to your computer with the file name: Your Last Name NR394 Course Project Part 1.docx
- View the Course Project Part 1 tutorial.
- Assignment contents include:
- Community Cultural Needs
- Describe specific culture/ethnic population selected in detail.
- Describe rationale for selecting this population.
- Describe a cultural/ethnic need within your area, clinical practice, or community.
- Describe a health issue from your chosen cultural population that is based on the Leading Health Indicator (LHI) priorities from Healthy People in detail.
- Details of the Health Issue
- Describe how the health issue is based on the Leading Health Indicator (LHI) priorities from Healthy People.
- Describe the reason why the health issue was selected.
- Why it is important to focus on this health issue?
- Clinical Impact
- How can this content be related to clinical practice in general?
- How do the cultural community needs and details of the health issue impact your area, clinical practice, or community?
- Community Cultural Needs
- After you have developed your responses, type your responses directly in your saved Course Project Part 1 Template.
- Use instructor feedback from the check-in.
- Please reach out to your instructor with any questions or concerns.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
Scholarly Source and Citations
- Scholarly source is required
- Cite all sources in APA format
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.